An (Excessively) In-Depth Guide to Everything Paladin

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Dianette, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Dianette

Dianette STR Mage

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    Dianette
    Job:
    Paladin
    Server:
    Scania
    Dianette published a new article:

Read more about this article...

MsNyara likes this.
  2. Brild

Brild Newb
    Founder

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    Mecce
    Job:
    Dark Knight
    Server:
    GRAZED
    Great guide, new to this forum how do you dl the boss dlc?

3. MsNyara

MsNyara Panlid
    Founder

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    MsNyara
    Job:
    Bishop
    Server:
    Reboot
    The guide's format is extremely cute and well organized, and the descriptions are so clear and introducing that I even felt an interest in making a Paladint that I never felt before~

4. Dianette

Dianette STR Mage

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    Dianette
    Job:
    Paladin
    Server:
    Scania
    That was just a joke. I haven't had the time to do the boss section since exams are coming up >.>
    I will have the section done by the end of the month if you can manage to hold out that long though! I've been on hiatus anyways, so I feel like I need to relearn some boss mechanics before I do the write-up.

5. Enbon

Enbon Panlid
    Founder

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    Enbox
    Job:
    Dark Knight
    Server:
    Reboot
    I am wildly impressed at the time and effort you put into this guide. I can definitely see the passion put into this. Great work.

6. Teddy

Teddy Panlid
    Founder

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    BowNut
    Job:
    Bow Master
    Server:
    Bera
    Wowie, teach me more Pally senpai

7. Coln Greenup

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    Ephraia
    Job:
    Paladin
    Server:
    Reboot
    If I'm playing on Reboot, would 2h be better than 1h, or still have almost no difference? From what I understand, you can't get the Terminus Defender on Reboot, and the next best shield is a lv 130 shield with no Att. Currently I'm using 2h sword with a Frozen Rosary that has 5 Att from regular stats and 6 Att from potential. Would it be better to keep this and go 1h, or find that 130 shield and star it and hope for a good potential? Or does none of what you say in the guide not change in Reboot?

8. Dianette

Dianette STR Mage

Best Answers:
    IGN:
    Dianette
    Job:
    Paladin
    Server:
    Scania
    The info I have in the guide is more relevant for regular servers, but it doesn't mean that it should be completely disregarded for reboot. Let's completely disregard the secondary slot for now, and just look at it from the weapons alone.

A 1-handed weapon has:
    • +1 Attack speed.
    • +3% Weapon Mastery (I forgot to include this part in my guide oops). 3% mastery equates to ~1.5% final damage.
    A 2-handed weapon has:
    • +~7 Base attack
    • 1.17 times higher weapon multiplier (which equates to 1.17x damage).
    Depending on how much attack speed you have from other sources, +1 attack speed can be as little as 5% final damage to as much as 11% final damage. When I recommend a weapon, I recommend based on someone who is intending to hit the maximum potential of their class. If you have every other source of attack speed (Decent Speed Infusion, +1 inner ability, green potion), then the extra speed from the 1-handed weapon equates to 11% final damage.

In a side by side comparison, you can see that the difference between the weapons themselves isn't that massive over the course of a long fight. I would honestly always recommend running 1-handed though because as I said in my guide, Paladins LOVE attack speed to alleviate for how damn slow Blast is.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 5, 2018, Original Post Date: Jan 19, 2018 ---
    I have completely rehauled the guide to the point that it may as well be another guide >.>
    Learn to use anchors boys :carryme: